Most of us probably think that French cuisine is tricky because there’s a lot of mystery to it. This may be because there are many great chefs not just from France but from all around the world that specialize in it. These chefs have the talent to turn ordinary ingredients into hearty, delicious, and fantastic meals. However, if you’re an aspiring chef or cook that wants to try and cook some French foods, you do not have to worry because the secret is often straightforward. Most French recipes are simple, and almost anyone can cook them, which is why in this article, we are going to list down some easy French recipes that you need to try.
- Avocado and Romaine Salad – You do not have to fret over making salads because the best ones are often the simplest and easiest to make. An avocado and romaine salad is filled with chopped avocado, romaine hearts and topped with tiny tomatoes. It is seasoned with a hint of parsley and dill before being sprinkled over with balsamic vinegar. You can serve this salad with a steaming bowl of soup such as a Lobster Bisque.
- Escargot-stuffed mushrooms – If you focus on this recipe’s name, you will probably think this dish may be challenging to make. But think again because you will be surprised at just how easy to make this tasty food. All you have to do is to grab some fresh snails, or you can use a canned one if you cannot find any. Put one snail in a single mushroom and smother it with tasty herb butter. Baked it in the oven for fifteen minutes, and voila! You have a dish that will surely impress everyone at the dining table.
- Lobster Bisque – We bet you did not expect a recipe such as the lobster bisque to be included in this easy French recipe, right? Well, this recipe is relatively easy, and it will prove the point that you can actually cook like a French chef. For starters, a bisque is a thick and creamy soup. The secret to achieving this texture is using a good heavy cream. You can season the stock by using onions, paprika, and white wine. Put your lobster bisque on the next level by adding some cognac.
- Croque Monsieur – Croque is the French word for crunch, and the Croque monsieur is one of the tasty little sandwiches that you can find at French bistros typically come in different flavors. The Croque monsieur is made with Gruyere cheese, ham, and some Dijon mustard, and it is often broiled until it is golden brown and crispy.
If you want to add a little twist, you can make the Croque Provencal with cheese, ham, tomato, and herb mayonnaise.
- Quiche Lorraine – The quiche is another well-known French recipe, and luckily for you, there are several ways that you can try and make these delicious egg bakes. You can go for the savory spinach and onion quiche, or you can make the legendary quiche Lorraine. All you have to do is to pick the perfect combination of nutmeg, bacon, and a whole lot of cheese, most specifically Gruyere.
- French Lentil Soup – If you want a French vegan recipe, then the French lentil soup is the perfect recipe to make. The French lentil soup is filled with garlic, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and celery. After that, you will finish off your recipe by adding lentils and apple cider vinegar. This is one of the easiest homemade soups to make. In fact, you can cook this in just about 45 minutes. It is not just easy, and it is also healthy and delicious.
- Steak au Poivre – If you want to add a French twist to your steak night, then this is the perfect recipe. Steak au Poivre means pepper steak, and this is because all you have to do is season the steak with pepper and salt before frying it in a skillet. The secret is carefully adding ½ cup of cognac then adds a little cream.
- Simplified Brioche – Bread is one of the key elements of French cuisine, and the brioche is one of the best bread varieties. You might think that making a brioche can be quite a challenge, especially if you’re a beginner, and then you might want to give the simplified brioche a try.