Croissants, the Eiffel Tower, and the exquisite cuisine, Paris is known for a lot of things, but perhaps its most famous identifier is being the “City of Love.” Most people feel that love is always in the air when they visit Paris. But, until today, Paris is one of the top destinations for people celebrating love or looking or the alluring emotion. In this article, we are going to learn why Paris is dubbed the City of Love.
- Romanticism and art are deeply rooted in the Parisian culture – From the moment you step foot into the city, you will immediately notice the widespread reputation of Paris as the art capital of the world, and this significantly contributes to the romantic vibes that Paris gives. Parisian art became famous because of the top art schools and world-renowned artists that are in the city. Several artistic styles have emerged from Paris, but probably the most famous artistic style is Romanticism. It is a style that captures the artist’s emotions through the paintings. Most paintings in this style depict beautiful people as well as the natural beauty and sceneries in Paris.
- The sights in Paris are astounding – You can feel romance around you when you are in Paris, from the sites dedicated to loving the beautiful architecture. It’s easy to see why people call Paris the City of Love. Parisian architecture is a mix of several architectural styles, and you observe this as you walk the streets of Paris. From Art Nouveau, Victorian architecture, Modern buildings, and so much more.
Simply exploring the Parisian neighborhood is a romantic experience. This is because Paris has a well-crafted city design, and taking a leisure stroll through the streets of Paris can reveal why it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
- The French language is captivating – Paris has that ability to enhance each of your senses, from the sights to the sounds, which is why most people find the French language to be the official romantic language of the world. It is a poetic, expressive, and soft language that is able to give off an aura of romance in every word. Whether you’re talking to a cab driver, restaurant waiter, or to your French-speaking partner, almost every word in the French language will sound like music to your ears.
- The French cuisine is absolutely delightful – As we mentioned, Paris can enhance each of your senses, including your taste buds. Paris is packed with restaurants, delis, and cafes, which is why it is also a haven for food lovers. Paris will never fail your heart and your tummy, from the tasty cheese and macarons to the delicious crepes and cassoulets.
- Paris is the City of Light – When you’re in Paris, do not forget to take an evening walk along the River Seine because it is the perfect place to see the lit-up monuments and buildings that makes Paris the City of Light. Paris is astounding during the daytime, but it’s enchanting at night. From the Musee d’Orsay to the famous Eiffel Tower that shines over 20,000 light bulbs every night. At any time of day, Paris will never fail to make you fall in love over and over again.
Are you imagining or planning your next trip to Paris? It’s no doubt that it is a romantic place and aside from going to the typical tourist areas, we suggest going and exploring the city. You will be surprised to discover chic streets and charming spots where you can definitely realize why Paris is called the City of Love.